A Cabinet meeting, chaired on Wednesday by Prime Minister Youssef Chahed, adopted a set of bill and government decrees.
According to a statement released at the end of this meeting, the bills approved are as follow:
– Draft law approving a credit agreement between Tunisia and the African Development Bank (AfDB) to finance the project to support technical and technological capacities,
– Draft law authorising the state to increase the funds allocated to the National Water Distribution Utility (SONEDE),
The draft government decrees adopted are as follows:
– Draft government decree establishing a land court in the governorate of Zaghouan,
– Draft government decree establishing a management unit by objectives at the Ministry of National Defence, the objective being to improve the management of the state budget and to define the management method,
– Draft government decree establishing a public administrative institution called “the Centre of Humanitarian Demining and Treatment of Suspicious Objects”,
– Draft Government Decree amending Decree No. 2008-3545 of November 21, 2008 on the establishment of a management unit by objectives to monitor the implementation of the cross-border co-operation programme with the European Union and define the management method,
– Draft government decree amending Decree No. 2009-1738 of June 3, 2009 establishing a management unit by objectives to monitor the implementation of the programme of support to the Association Agreement and the second phase of the Tunisia-European Union Neighborhood Policy Action Plan and to define its management method,
– Draft government decree to include the municipal districts of Tazerka and Sidi Thabet in the intervention zones of the National Sanitation Office (ONAS),
– Draft government decree appointing a special delegation in the Al-Bassatine municipality of the governorate of Manouba,
– Draft Government Decree amending Decree No. 2011-384 of April 5, 2011 and appointing special delegations in certain municipalities of Kebili governorate,
– Draft government decree supplementing Decree No. 2001-1020 of 21 July 2011 and determining the composition of the National Council of Fishing Ports and its management method,
– Draft government decree laying down the conditions for granting authorisation for fitting facilities, construction of buildings or the setting up of mobile works on farms or private lands subject to the forest regime, in order to launch projects for rural residences or tourist spaces related to agricultural activity,
– Draft government decree authorising the creation of specialised supermarkets within less than five kilometers in the areas covered by the development plan of the Ariana governorate.
– Draft Government Decree amending Decree No. 2013-1326 of February 27, 2013 establishing a management unit by objectives to carry out two projects for the construction of a Higher Institute of Applied and Technological Sciences and a language village in Mahdia,
– Draft government decree amending Decree 2009-1071 of April 13, 2009 establishing a management unit by objectives for the realisation of the construction project of the headquarters of the General Directorate of Customs in Tunis, its organisation and setting its management mode,
– Draft government decree adopting the final reports of the State Land Census Committee in the delegations of Douar Hicher and Manouba.
– Draft government decree amending Decree No. 2012-3406 of December 27, 2012 on the establishment of the economic analysis council and defining its lineup and management method.
The Cabinet meeting also listened to a report of the Economic Committee on the follow-up of the implementation of the final recommendations to improve Tunisia’s ranking in the Doing Business Report.
The committee’s report also focused on monitoring the implementation of the provisions establishing a unified framework for assessing and managing public investment, said the same source.
The Cabinet meeting also examined the priority measures taken in the context of international co-operation to improve the domestic and foreign investment climate, strengthen the development indices and increase the competitiveness of the national economy.
The Cabinet also adopted other draft decrees relating to the civil service and to public enterprises and institutions.
-Tunisia News Agency